WSET Level 2 Award in Spirits
About this course
For individuals wishing to develop their expertise in spirits and liqueurs, this qualification provides comprehensive training. You’ll learn about the production methods and characteristics of the main spirit categories, while also exploring use of spirits in cocktails. Upon successful completion you will receive a WSET certificate and lapel pin, and will be able to use the associated WSET certified logo.
Are there any pre-requisites for this course?
There are no entry requirements for this qualification.
How is this course evaluated?
Assessment is by a closed-book exam of 50 multiple-choice questions.
What is included in the course?
All study materials, class instruction, tasting samples and exam fees are include in the course.
Students are required to bring 6 ISO tasting glasses to each class. Alternatively, a Cru Classe Tasting Kit can be purchased for $40 + taxes. Please indicate if you would like to purchase this Tasting Kit in your Booking Form and it will be delivered at the start of the course.
What is your cancellation policy?
Our cancellation policy is as follows:
- Up to 1 month before 1st day of class commencement: 100% of course fee less $50 administration fee is refundable.
- Up to 14 days before 1st day of class commencement: 50% of course fee less $50 administration fee is refundable.
- After 14 days before 1st day of class commencement: No refund.
What are the benefits of learning with Cru Classe?
- Cru Classe is a fully accredited Approved Program Provider for WSET.
- Our principal instructor, Lara Victoria is one of Vancouver’s most highly and diversely qualified hospitality professionals. In addition to earning the WSET Diploma amongst her other qualifications, she is also a WSET Certified Educator for all levels of wines, spirits and sake certification.
- We do not sell any beverage alcohol products, nor do we represent or work on behalf of any agency, winery, distillery or brewery, therefore the samples that we select for class cover an unbiased broad selection that are meant to benefit the students alone. We are also known to pour more samples of great quality products than required for the curriculum, to help our students learn better.
- Given our small class sizes we can afford focused attention to all our our students’ learning needs. We are certainly proud of the fact that we have a very good pass rate amongst our students.
A beginner to intermediate level qualification exploring spirits and liqueurs for those working in the industry or spirits enthusiasts.
The main production factors that determine types of spirits
Understand the distillation process and how production methods affect the characteristics of spirits and liqueurs.
The characteristics of the principal international spirits and liqueurs
Understand how the principal types of spirits are produced and labelled, and describe their key characteristics using the WSET Level 2 Systematic Approach to Tasting Spirits® (SAT).
The principles involved in the service of spirits.
Identify the common equipment and glassware used in the service of spirits and name the important ingredients used to make cocktails.